November 2, 2023
The SDS and Non-SDS visa application process are two ways international students can get access to a student visa in Canada.
The SDS visa application process is streamlined and gives eligible applicants faster processing times.
Although the Non-SDS visa application process takes longer than the SDS process, it’s still how college kids study in Canada. Here, we will know the most important information in this regard of SDS and Non-SDS difference.
Eligibility requirements for the student Direct Stream (SDS) visa application
To get the SDS visa canada, you want to meet the following SDS visa requirements:
1. You must be a legal permanent resident of 1 of the below mentioned countries:
2. You must have received an Acceptance Letter from a delegated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.
3. The letter should state that you are admitted in a full term program for 6 months.
4. It is important to have proof of payment for the tuition fees.
These Canada student visa requirements ensure that only the foremost qualified applicants are granted a Canada SDS visa.
Eligibility requirements for the Non-Student Direct Stream (SDS) visa application
Certain non SDS visa requirements must be considered by the applicants to be eligible for a non-SDS study visa application.
- It is important to get an acceptance letter from the recognized Canadian government institution.
- You must have proof of payment to stay in Canada. This is in the form of tuition fees for the first year.
- The applicant needs to go through the language test result. The language test must be taken; therefore, the minimum score must be achieved.
- They need to demonstrate that they need sufficient funds to support their living costs in Canada, the quantity of which is contingent upon the amount of accompanying relations.
- They need to provide evidence of their support, including bank statements, a letter from their sponsor, or other relevant documents required for a Canada student visa.
Key differences between the student Direct Stream (SDS) and Non-Student Direct Stream (SDS) visa application processes
Certain difference between SDS and non SDS processes are mentioned below:
- The Canada student visa application is applicable for college kids from countries like China, India, Vietnam, and Philippines. The Canada visa process will be easy and convenient if you are from the above mentioned countries. Moreover there will be less waiting time to get the student visa in Canada in hand.
- The Canada visa application also requires students to submit additional documents, like language proficiency, support, and a GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate), to prove they have enough money to buy a living in Canada. This extra requirement helps ensure you are well-prepared and financially stable before your visa application.
- In addition to the SDS, there also are stricter eligibility requirements for college kids applying under the SDS. The students must have at least 6.0 IELTS score for every language skill in the SDS. there is no need for any academic student visa requirements in Non SDS.
Pros and cons of the Student Direct Stream and Non-Student Direct Stream visa application processes
Some of the pros and cons of SDS and Non SDS visa application process are stated below:
- The SDS Canada requirements are quicker than the non-SDS process, so eligible students can get their permits faster and begin studying in Canada.
- It also features a simpler application process, making mistakes or omissions less likely.
- But there are some downsides like the SDS process has limited eligibility criteria, so not everyone can cash in on it.
- Plus, SDS applicants must provide proof of their finances directly, which is tough for a few who need the cash directly.
If you are a student from a special country who wants to study in Canada, you’ll apply for student visa Canada for a non-SDS study permit.
- This is the best fit for the rejected SDS candidates. The applicants should not have to submit any form of financial documents.
- The applicants need to wait for a longer duration to get hold of the canada study visa. This could be a difficult problem for students who study directly.
- It is important to notice that there is more complicated paperwork. This will take time and make you prone to mistakes.
Consider reaching out to study abroad consultants in India from Jupastro. We are here to advise and guide you all over the application for the Canada study visa process.
Tips for a successful visa application through the Student Direct Stream (SDS) or Non-Student Direct Stream (SDS) process
Remember when applying for a SDS and non SDS visa:
- Confirm you submit all the required documents correctly and on time. For instance, you need to provide proof of acceptance from one of the designated learning institutions, proof that you paid your first year’s tuition fees, and proof that you simply have a GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) of $ 10,000. You must also show that you have enough money to support your living expenses which you’re willing to travel back to your country of origin after finishing your studies.
- Confirm you read and understand the special requirements and guidelines for the student direct stream visa application. You need to be conscious of the other forms or documents that will be needed, like medical exams or police clearance certificates.
- Make sure that you have the needed documents translated into English and French. It needs to be authorized by a reputed authority.
You must stay in touch with the best overseas education consultants in India to know about the progress of the application. They will assist you with the appliance process and give you the simplest chance of success. It is also important to remain patient since the visa process can take a short time, and you must keep in touch with the immigration office.
Contact with Jupastro to be eligible for the best program that we offer: “Study in Canada for Indian students”. We are here to guide you to choose the best career.
College kids need to know the distinctions between the SDS and non SDS visa application processes to make informed decisions regarding their study abroad journey. Eligibility for the SDS visa application is dependant on the subsequent criteria:
- Acceptance letter.
- Proof of payment of tuition fees.
- Valid language test result.
- Sufficient funds to satisfy living expenses.
The SDS visa application process differs in terms of eligibility criteria, documents required, and time interval. Always seek expert assistance and help from consultants like Jupastro, as they will guide you through the entire process.
Also Read: Best Courses After 12th Commerce With High Salary In Canada